You may have tried many types of nihari recipes, but I think Javed Nihari Recipe is the tastiest recipe ever. So why not try this at home in this cold weather and enjoy with your family. Here is the Javed Nihari Recipe in Urdu and also in English for those who cannot read or understand Urdu recipes.
Javed Nihari Recipe in Urdu
- Beef raan – 1 kg
- Bones – 2
- Oil or ghee – 1 cup
- Garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 1 thinly sliced
- Chapatti flour – 1 cup
- Red chilli powder – 3 tsp
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Dry ginger powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 2 tsp
- Boiled brain – as required
- Heat the ghee or oil in a pan and fry onion until golden brown.
- Then add garlic paste in 1/2 cup of water and add in onion along with beef, fry for 15 minutes, until water dries and beef turns light brown.
- Then add salt and red chilli powder, fry for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Now add cumin powder, fennel powder and ginger powder, mix and add 1 jug of water.
- Cook on high heat till the liquid has evaporated.
- Then reduce the heat and let it cook till beef is half tender.
- Then add flour mixture gradually, keep stirring until liquid starts to evaporate.
- Now mix garam masala powder in half cup of water and add in nihari, cover and cook on dum for 20 minutes.
- When it’s done, after 20 minutes, garnish with green coriander, green chillies and ginger flakes, boiled bones and boiled brain.
- Serve with naan.