This PICO DE GALLO recipe is fresh, delicious and easy to make! You’ll need only 5 ingredients to make this classic Mexican dip—tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeño and lime. Recipe yields about 4 cups (ABOUT 8 SERVINGS). Normally serve with tacos and burritos.
Pico De Gallo Recipe
Shared by Marium Hamid
- Roma (PLUM) tomatoes🍅 – 6 diced
- Red Onion🧅 – 1/2
- Garlic clove 🧄 – 1
- Jalapeño Pepper – 1/2 Seeded and Minced
- Lime, Juiced – 1/2
- Garlic Powder – 1 pinch
- Ground Cumin – 1 pinch
- Finely chopped fresh cilantro – 1/2 cup
- Salt and pepper – to Taste
Method to Make Pico de Gallo
- Stir together tomatoes, Onion, Cilantro, jalapeño pepper, lime juice, garlic, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
CHANGE IT UP: Add a diced avocado to the mixture, or see my list provided above the recipe for alternatives to tomatoes.
CILANTRO HATERS: You can significantly decrease the amount of cilantro used, or omit it completely if you insist! I don’t recommend substituting parsley here.