Afghani Pulao: English - Urdu Recipe | Pak Ladies
Afghani Pulao: English – Urdu Recipe
- Chicken or Mutton – 250g
- Rice – ½ kg
- Onion – 1 thinly chopped
- Carrots – 2 grated
- Raisins – 100g (soaked in water)
- White cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper freshly ground – as required
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Green chillies – as required
- Boil rice in a little bit of salt and cumin seeds.
- Take a pan, put oil and fry onion till golden brown, then take them out of the oil and make a paste.
- Now fry chicken with salt until it is light brown, then take it out of the oil.
- In the same oil, put soaked raisins (drain water) and fry a little, then add carrots and fry well. Also add black pepper and salt.
- (If you would like to use mutton, fry mutton in oil and put ginger garlic paste and boil till the mutton is tender).
- Now add fried chicken and mix it well, then put onion paste and mix them well and let it cook with ½ cup of water.
- If you would like it a bit spicy, add 2 to 3 green chillies.
- When the chicken is done, take a pan greased with oil and put half the boiled rice, then chicken, then remaining rice, and then pour 1 tbsp of oil and put on dum for 8 minutes.
- Then serve.