Use it as a cleaner for all skin types, less fat. For other uses, apply to clean skin or body immediately after bathing or showering, slightly damp skin and massage to penetrate. Calculate a teaspoon of cream for the body and a “pea” cream for the face, neck and décolleté. If after five minutes left an oily residue is a sign that has been used too much product.
Homemade Almond and Lavender Moisturizer for Face and Body
- Almond oil – ¾ cup
- Extra virgin coconut oil and unrefined – 1/3 cup
- Beeswax – 4 tbsp(in the form of beads or grated, if bought in bulk)
- Cocoa butter – 2 tsp(refined or unrefined)
- Pure lanolin – 2 tsp (no water or anhydrous lanolin)
- Distilled water or chamomile tea or lavender water (lavender hydrosol) – 1 cup
- Lavender essential oil – 60 drops
- Vitamin E in capsule – 1,000 IU
- In a stainless steel saucepan, simmer oils, beeswax and cocoa butter or lanolin until the wax melts. In another pan heat the distilled water or water of flowers. It is very important that the temperature of both mixtures is similar.
- If one is much hotter than the other, when mixed together the cream will not join or will have a grainy texture. Then remove both pots from heat and let cool to body temperature or more, until mixture thickens and fat is slightly solid. This will takes from 5 to 10 minutes depending on room temperature.
- When at this point, adding the contents of the capsule of vitamin E and mix with the spatula and dissolve the lumps. Pour this mixture into the bowl of a blender or hand blender. Lights at medium speed and slowly add the water is distilled or flowers. The mixture will begin to harden.
- Mix five or 10 seconds, turn off the blender or the blender and check the consistency is thick and smooth. Otherwise, repeat the operation but taking care not to mix more than necessary because they could “cut”. Finally, add lavender essential oil, mix lightly with a spatula and process again for five 10 seconds.
- Use it as a cleaner for all skin types, less fat. For other uses, apply to clean skin or body immediately after bathing or showering, slightly damp skin and massage to penetrate. Calculate a teaspoon of cream for the body and a “pea” cream for the face, neck and décolleté. If after five minutes left an oily residue is a sign that has been used too much product.
- If the kitchen temperature is above 24 degrees Celsius the cream will have a more liquid consistency, if the temperature is lower, the cream will be firmer. This is because coconut oil solidifies below 24 degrees and liquefies above.
- Pour the cream into the jars, cover with a sheet of paper towel and let the mixture cool for 30 minutes before covering them. It is possible that after a few hours or days the water begins to separate from the cream. This occurs when the temperature of the water and fat ingredients is not similar.
- No need to refrigerate the cream when stored at room temperature and consumed moderate in four months. In the contrary, will be stored in the refrigerator or consumed within two months or. Cold change the texture but not the potency.