How to Make Mehndi Henna Paste
Given below is a basic henna paste recipe, you can try it out and add to it to suit your needs. To make mehndi henna paste.
- Boiling water – 1 cup
- Black tea or coffee – 2 tbsp
- Sifted henna powder (make sure you sift the powder before making a paste) – 3 tbsp
- Eucalyptus oil – 1 tsp
- Boil the water and add the tea or coffee powder and make a mixture.
- Let this mixture soak for a few hours.
- Strain the mixture to remove any particles of tea or coffee.
- Place the henna powder into a plastic or glass bowl and add eucalyptus oil.
- Now slowly add the tea/coffee mixture a little at a time and stir the mixture.
- Use the spoon to press the powder and water together.
- Make a smooth paste of the henna powder.
- Allow the paste to stand for 6 to 12 hours.
- The longer you allow the paste to stand the smoother the mixture will become.
- Now apply this paste in any design you want and wait till the mehndi is dry, but not cracking.
- Take a cotton ball and dab a little lemon-sugar glaze to keep the henna moist.
- Keep the henna on for as long as you want.
- After you remove the henna paste design from your skin, try not to wet the area for as long as possible.
- It is best to leave henna overnight.
- Using lemon-sugar glaze will ensure that the mehndi stays overnight.
In strained juice of ½ lemon add 1 tsp of sugar, mix well.