Tamarind Drumsticks with Masala Rice by Shireen Anwer
Ingredients for drum sticks:
- Chicken Legs – (8) ½ kg
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – ½ tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Tamarind thick Paste – 4 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Chaat Masala – 1 tsp heaved
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Red crushed chili – 1 tsp
Method for Chicken drumsticks:
- Boil chicken with salt, turmeric and water until chicken is tender and water dries.
- In a bowl mix together tamarind pulp, chat masala, ginger garlic, salt, garam masala powder and red crushed chili, mix and marinate chicken legs in this mixture for 10
- Then shallow fry in quarter cup of oil just to give them brown color.
- Remove and keep aside.
Ingredients for masala rice:
- Boiled rice – ½ kg
- Oil – ¼ cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Crushed red pepper – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – ¼ tsp
- Fried crushed coriander – 1 tsp
- Cumin (roasted & crushed) – 1 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Chicken Powder – 1 tbsp
- Spring Onions (finely chopped) – 1 cup
Method for rice:
- Heat quarter cup oil; add ginger garlic paste, salt, crushed chili, turmeric, coriander, cumin seeds, chaat masala, garam masala powder and chicken powder with 1/4 cup of water, mix and cook for 1 minute.
- Then add boiled rice, mix well.
- Then add spring onion and leave it on dum for 5 mins.
- Dish out rice, garnish with spring onions and serve topped with drum sticks.
Also Try : Butter milk Fried Chicken by Gordon Ramsay
Also Try: Lemon Rosemary Chicken Drumsticks Recipe