Beaded Bookmark Tutorial
Hold your place in your next book with a fun and funky beaded bookmark that works up quicker than you can say “Once upon a time.” with this beaded bookmark tutorial.
What You Need:
• Wire cutters
• 18-gauge wire in desired color
• Needle-nose pliers
• Glass beads
• Small dowel
• 36-gauge metallic wire, optional
- Cut a 24-inch length of 18-gauge wire. Using pliers bend over one end of wire for the bottom of the bookmark.
- Thread desired bead(s) on straight end of wire and slide them to the bottom. Shape the wire as desired.
- For the top of the bookmark, make a bend in the wire or wrap it around a small dowel where you want the top beads to be held. Place beads on the wire. Shape the end of the wire into a spiral to hold the beads in place. If desired, make a wire spiral from a short length of wire and attach to the top of the bookmark by forming a loop in the end of the bookmark wire.
- If desired tightly wrap small sections of the beaded bookmark with metallic wire.