Shepherd’s pie recipe, also known as Cottage pie, is made with minced meat, vegetables and mashed potatoes on top. Shepherd’s pie comes from the United Kingdom and Ireland, but now this dish is popular worldwide.
If Pie is made with beef, it is called cottage pie and if it is made with lamb, it’s called shepherd’s pie.
Shepherd s Pie Recipe
- Mince meat – 1/2 kg
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Onion – 1 thinly chopped
- Vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Tomatos – 2 blended
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Oregano – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Boiled potatos – 1/2 kg mashed
- Worcestershire sauce – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Mustard powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sweet corn – 1/4 cup
- Green peas – 1/4 cup
- Carrots – 1/4 cup chopped
- Butter – 3 tbsp
- Cream – 4 tbsp
- Cheddar cheese – 1/2 cup
- Heat up oil in a pan, fry the onion until light pink.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, fry for 1 minute, add mince and fry until mince color turns white.
- Then add blended tomato and fry well.
- Now add salt, red chili powder, black pepper, mustard powder, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce, cook well.
- Then add peas, carrots and sweet corn, cover and cook on steam for 5 mins, then add oregano and mix well.
- Mash the boiled potatoes with the butter and cream, then add cheese.
- Put the mince into an ovenproof dish, cover with the mashed potatos and ruffle with a fork.
- Bake in preheated oven on 180 C, gas 4 for 20 minutes until the top is starting to color and the mince is bubbling through at the edges.
- Serve this yummy Shepherd’s pie with green salad or steamed vegetables.