Latin Pasta salad yummy and easy to make. Cheese and evaporated milk dressing, combination of vegetables and chicken chunks.
- Boiled Rotini pasta – 1 lb (3/4 of a 16-ounce box)
- Evaporated milk – ½ cup
- Extra-virgin olive oil – ¼ cup
- Crumbled feta cheese – 1 cup
- Fresh coriander – ½ cup
- Lime 1 – juiced
- Salt – to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Finely diced cooked chicken – 1 cup
- Orange bell pepper – 1 (seeded, ribbed, and chopped)
- Red bell pepper – 1 (seeded, ribbed, and chopped)
- Frozen peas – 1 cup
- Small red onion – ½ thinly sliced
- Boiled and chopped potato – ½ cup
- Pimento stuffed olives – ½ cup
In a bowl, combine the evaporated milk, oil, feta, coriander leaves, lime juice and some salt and pepper in a blender. Puree until the dressing is smooth and creamy.
Place the drained pasta in a large bowl. Add the chicken, bell peppers, peas, onions, potato and olives. Pour the dressing over the pasta and gently mix it into the salad. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours before serving.