Homemade Focaccia Bread Recipe
Focaccia is popular in Italy and is usually seasoned with olive oil and salt, and sometimes herbs, and may be topped with onion, cheese and meat, or flavoured with vegetables. So why not try and make homemade focaccia bread recipe at home with this easy method.
- Flour – 2 cups
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Warm water – ½ cup
- Dry milk – 1/8 cup
- Oregano – 1 tsp
- Yeast – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Sea salt (for sprinkling) – ½ tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Chopped parsley – 2 tbsp
- Chopped black olives – 2 tbsp
- Fried onion – 4 tbsp
- In a bowl, add chopped parsley, fried onion, chopped black olives and oregano, mix well.
- In another bowl, add flour, salt, yeast, 1 tbsp oil, sugar and dry milk and mix them together.
- Then divide parsley mixture into two equal halves and add ½ cup warm water into half to form dough and leave it to rise for half an hour.
- When dough has risen, again knead and form a ball.
- Heat up, 2 tbsp oil and spread dough ball in it.
- Sprinkle rest of the parsley mixture.
- Also sprinkle ½ tsp sea salt over it.
- Press it with the help of your hands so that all the ingredients are well combined.
- Now leave to rise again. When it has risen, bake it in a 240c pre heated oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Lastly, cut them in square pieces.
- Delicious Focaccia Bread is ready to serve.