Try this mouth-watering dessert, especially in winter. It can be prepared in 30 minutes and enjoy with your family.
Chanay Ki Daal Ka Halwa
- Gram lentils – ½ kg soak for 6 hr
- Ghee – 1 ½ cup
- Sugar – ½ kg
- Milk – 1litter
- Green cardamom – 4 crushed
- Green cardamoms ground – 1 tsp
- Khoya – ½ cup
- Almonds blanched and sliced – 3 tbsp
- Pistachio- 3 tbsp
- Yellow color – pinch
- Silver paper – as required
- Boil the ½ kg soaked lentils in 1liter milk until the milk dries and the lentils are tender.
- Allow the lentils to cool down, then blend and make smooth paste.
- Heat up ghee in a pan and add 4 crushed cardamoms along with the ground lentils, and fry well for at least half an hour till light brown.
- Then add sugar and continue to cook, the halva looks thin at this time, keep frying well till it leaves ghee at the sides of the pan, add khoya, cardamom powder and yellow color and fry for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove in a flat platter, garnish with almonds, pistachios and silver paper and cut into pieces.