This low fat banana and date muffins recipe is good for any muffins lovers that want low-fat muffins or without egg yolks.
Low Fat Banana and Date Muffins
- Flour – 2 cups/8oz/200gm
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Cake spice powder – 1 tsp
- Ground sugar – 5 tbsp
- Egg whites – 2
- Maple syrup – 5 tbsp
- Milk – 5 tbsp
- Roughly mashed banana – 3 small or 2 big
- Soft dates – 15 to 20 mashed
- Take a bowl, add egg whites and beat until stiff.
- Then take another bowl, strain flour, baking powder, salt, cake spice powder and ground sugar, set aside.
- Now add maple syrup, milk and mashed dates in mashed banana and mix with spoon.
- Now add this banana mixture in egg whites and beat on low speed for 2 seconds.
- Then finally add dry mixture in this mix and fold with sppon.
- Spoon out this mix in prepared muffin tray and bake preheated oven on 180ºC, gas mark 4 for 25 to 30 minutes.
Cake spice powder
- Nutmeg powder – 1 tsp
- Mace powder – 1 tsp
- Clove powder – 1 tsp
- Green cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
Mix all above ingredients and keep in clean bottle. Cake Spice Powder is ready to use.