Palak paneer recipe (Spinach with cheese) is a perfect healthy and quick dinner. It is a dish with all the flavors of two star ingredients that will be accompanied by a delicious background of spinach and paneer. Spinach is one of the healthiest vegetables that exists, and it should be a must on any weekly menu. To make it much more attractive, nothing is better than a delicious palak paneer. Palak paneer is a vegetarian dish that originated in northern India in the Punjab region. This recipe contains a fresh green chili paste puree that is most often used in South Indian cuisine. It is spicy and sweet in taste. For the best results, use paneer cheese, which you can buy in good quality in Indian supermarkets and if you are a vegetarian, you can use tofu, which also has fewer calories. This recipe combines spinach (palak) and paneer, a white pressed cheese typical of the Indian subcontinent. It can be substituted for tofu or if you really want a dairy delight, stick with mozzarella or another similar cheese. This is the delicious recipe for the famous Palak Paneer.
Watch our recipe video and learn how to cook palak paneer.
Palak Paneer Recipe
- Spinach – 400 gm frozen or fresh
- Green chillies – 3 to 4 chopped
- Garlic cloves – 2 chopped
- Oil – 3 1/2 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Dry fenugreek leaves – 1/2 tbsp
- Dill – 1 tsp dried or fresh
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Cottage cheese – 100 gm cut in cubes and shallow fry
- Onion – 1/2 chopped
- Red crushed chilli – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Roasted crushed cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Fresh cream – as required
- First, take frozen spinach. Steam it slightly and let it defrost.
- Then take cottage cheese, cut it into cubes and fry in a little bit of oil. Leave the cottage cheese in cold water so it doesn’t melt.
- Now take chopped garlic cloves and green chillies, and saute them in oil.
- Add the spinach and fry slightly.
- Then add fenugreek leaves and dill.
- Add milk and mix.
- Turn off the stove and let it cool down. Once it cools down, blend the mixture.
- Now take the butter, and heat it up in 1 tbsp of oil.
- Take the chopped onion and saute.
- When the onion turns slightly golden, add the spinach mixture.
- Now add red crushed chillies, turmeric powder, salt, garam masala and crushed cumin seeds.
- Fry well.
- Then add the fried cheese and mix.
- Garnish with cream and serve.