Quiche Lorraine recipe is probably the best known quiche recipe. A recipe that has meat, cream, eggs and cheese in its filling and that is absolutely delicious.
Quiches are a great option for a quick and easy dinner, because they are hardly complicated and in a short amount of time, you can have a dish that will please even the most demanding palates.
I also added sliced mushrooms, because I usually prepare it for lunch with salad and garlic bread, so it felt like it’s a more complete dish this way. A quiche served in a meal, sliced, is always a success because it is liked by everyone.
Quiche Lorraine Recipe
Ingredients for Quiche Base:
- Plain flour – 2 cups
- Butter – 100 gm
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Egg yolk – 1
- Chilled water to make dough
Ingredients for Filling:
- Eggs – 4
- Cream – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Red chilli flakes – 1 tsp
- Black pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Cheddar cheese – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1/4 cup
- Cooked chicken tikka – 1/2 cup
- Mushroom slices – 6 to 7
- Olives chopped – 4-5
Method for base:
- Put flour, butter and salt in a bowl. Mix until the mixture turns into bread crumbs.
- Add egg yolk and knead it with chilled water until it turns into dough.
- Place this dough in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Then roll it and spread on 8 inch pie plate and again put it in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, blind bake in preheated oven on 180 C for 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
Filling for Quiche Lorraine Recipe
- Add eggs, cream, milk, red chilli flakes, black pepper, salt and cheese in a bowl and mix well.
- Now spread mushrooms, onion, chicken and olives in baked quiche base.
- Then pour egg mixture and bake on 180 C for 30 minutes.
- Serve with garlic bread or green salad.