Easy Kofta Quiche
The word quiche comes from French. Quiche is a savory, open-faced pastry crust dish with a filling of savory custard with cheese, meat or vegetables. You can serve at any time, but usually it’s for brunch or sometimes it’s great as a light lunch. Quiche can be prepared in several different ways and the below recipe is very easy and tasty.
- Flour – 1 ½ cup
- Soft butter – 90gm
- Salt – 2 pinches
- Egg yolk – 1
- Kofta – as required
- Quiche sauce – as required
- Take a bowl, mix flour, salt, butter and egg yolk.
- Add enough water to bind the mixture together.
- Lightly knead the dough until well amalgamated, dust with flour and slip into a plastic bag.
- Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes before using. .
- Roll out the pastry as thinly as possible.
- Line a pie dish and lightly prick the base of the pastry with a fork all over.
- Place onto a baking tray, line with butter paper and baking beans and bake blind for 10 minutes in preheated oven to 190C/Gas 5.
- Now prepare quiche sauce.
- When quiche crust is done remove the baking beans and foil.
- Place kofta on crust, then pour prepared sauce, sprinkle cheddar cheese and bake in preheated oven on 180C/350F/Gas 4 for 30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh green salad.
- You can replace koftay with fish, chicken or vegetables.
- Onion – 1 medium size
- Butter – 2 tsp
- Cream – ¾ cup
- Eggs – 2
- Black pepper – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Fresh coriander or fresh dill – 2 tbsp
- Take a pan, heat up butter and sauté onion.
- Then take a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, milk, salt, pepper and fresh dill.
- Add sauté onion, mix and pour the mixture into the Quiche pastry, sprinkle cheese and bake.