Red Beans and Spinach Curry: English - Urdu Recipe | Pak Ladies
Red Beans and Spinach Curry: English – Urdu Recipe
Red Beans and Spinach Curry
- Spinach – 1 kg (chopped)
- Red kidney beans – 250g (boiled)
- Onion – 1 thinly chop
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Ginger chopped – 1 tsp
- Garlic chopped – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Tomato – 1 or 2
- Green chilli – 4
- Fresh coriander – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- First of all put spinach in boiling water and boil for 2 minutes.
- Then drain water and put cold water on spinach, and chop.
- Now take a pan and put oil, add chopped onion, cinnamon stick, garlic, fry for a bit, then add ginger and cumin seeds, fry until onion turns in to light brown.
- Then add chopped tomato and cook until tomato softens.
- Now add chopped spinach, mix well.
- In this stage you can blend spinach or if you like chunky style then leave as it is.
- Then add red kidney beans, green chilli and salt, cook well.
- Then put fresh coriander.
- Garnish with tarka (bhighaar).
- Serve with cumin seeds rice or chapatti.
Preparation for Tarka:
- In a pan put 1 tbsp oil, add 1 tsp cumin seeds, 2 clove chopped garlic, 2 tbsp thinly chopped spinach (raw spinach) and fry.
- Then pour on cooked spinach and red kidney beans dish.
- Enjoy this different and yummy recipe!!!