Spinach and Feta Cheese Puffs shared by Marium Hamid. In USA and CANADA the Spinach and Feta Cheese Puffs is ideal for parties, potlucks, gatherings and get-together. The Spinach and Feta Cheese Puffs can be served as an appetizer.
Spinach and Feta Cheese Puffs
- Frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well (squeeze dry) – 10 ounce package
- Crumbled feta – 1/2 cup
- Minced onion – 1/4 cup
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Minced garlic – 1 tsp
- Kosher salt and cracked pepper – to taste
- Large eggs – 2
- Frozen puff pastry, thawed – 1 sheet
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix spinach, feta cheese, onion, garlic and oil in medium bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 egg and fold egg into spinach mixture.
- Roll puff pastry out to a 12-inch square and cut into three strips.
- Then cut those strips in thirds for a total of 9 small squares.
- Place each square in muffin tin cup, leaving corners pointing up.
- Divide filling among cups, roughly 1 heaping Tablespoon per cup.
- Fold dough tips over and pinch together.
- Beat remaining egg and brush over pastry.
- Sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper.
- Bake until pastry is golden and puffed, about 25 min.
- Transfer pan to wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Use sharp paring knife to loosen puffs and cool to desired temperature on wire rack.