Easy and delicious strassburger cookies recipe. Strassburger cookies are a delicate Danish cookie flavored with vanilla and cardamom. We used jam in the middle of each cookie, but you can also dip them in chocolate or even sandwich two of them together with a filling. You can pipe them into rosettes or other designs your heart desires 🙂
Strassburger Cookie Recipe
Shared by Marium Hamid
- Butter – 6 oz
- Powdered sugar – 4 OZ
- Egg – 1
- Vanilla – ½ tsp
- Cake flour – 10 oz
- Cardamom – ½ tsp
- Jam – as required
- Cream together butter, sifted powdered sugar, vanilla and cardamom.
- Cream to desired consistency.
- Add egg gradually.
- Sift flour, adding dry all at once.
- Blend just until incorporated.
- Scoop dough into a piping bag with a star tip.
- Pipe designs on a parchment lined sheet pan. Add jam to the middle of each cookie.
- Chill before baking.
- Bake at 350°F (176 °C) until golden brown. Using your finger scoot the cookie (scoot test) to test the doneness.
- These cookies are delicate, elegant and delicious! Hope you all enjoy it.
- Measure out the all-purpose flour that you’ll need for your recipe.
- For every cup of flour you use, take out two tablespoons of flour and return it to the flour bin.
- Throw the cup of flour (minus the two tablespoons) into a sifter set over a bowl.
(recipe follows) (10 oz. = 2.83 US cups ( us cup / cake flour))