Student Biryani Recipe
Student Biryani Recipe is unlike any biryani recipes that we have shared with you here on pakladies.com because it’s a brand new recipe, and it’s become nationally famous all across Pakistan. Try it and see how tasty you find this delicious student biryani recipe!
- Mutton or chicken (make 12 pieces if chicken) – 1 kg
- Onions – 2 medium sliced
- Oil – 3/4 cup
- Salt – 1 1/2 tsp
- Boiled rice – 750g
- Cumin seeds (fried and crushed) – 1 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp or 4 tsp
- Whole green chilies – 7 to 8
- Red chili powder – 3 tsp
- Coriander powder – 3 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Whole masala – 1 tbsp
- Black cardamom – 1
- Green cardamom – 3
- Black pepper – 7 to 8
- Tomatoes (chopped) – 3 to 4
- Yogurt – 1 1/2 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Fresh coriander – 1/2 bunch
- Mint leaves – 20 to 25
- Yellow food color – few drops
- Kewra – 1 tbsp
- Fried potatoes – 2
- Take a pan add onion and fry until light golden then add ginger garlic paste, whole green chilies, salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, fried and crushed cumin seeds, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, whole masala, black cardamom, green cardamom and black pepper, and fry for 1 min.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and fry well.
- Add mutton or chicken and fry with yogurt and fry well.
- Now add water and let it cook until mutton is tender.
- Then take out all oil with some gravy.
- Now add fried potatoes, fresh coriander and mint leaves.
- Spread boiled rice then pour oil and add yellow food color.
- Mix with kewra, then cover and put on high flame for 5 mins.
- Put on dum for 15 minutes and serve.
Note: add 3 bay leaves, 1 tsp of cumin seeds and 2 tbsp salt to rice and boil.