Panini is a grilled sandwich made from Rosetta and baguette rather than sliced bread. The bread is cut horizontally and filled with salami, cheese or other food, and often served warm after having been pressed by a warming grill. Try this yummy tomato and mozzarella grilled panini recipe.
- Sourdough or Italian bread – 8 slices
- Mozzarella cheese – 8 slices
- Large tomato – 1 cut into slices
- Pesto – 1/2 cup
- Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Place cheese on 4 slices of bread.
- Spread pesto over cheese and top with tomato slices and remaining bread.
- Brush both sides of sandwiches with oil and place on the grill.
- Cook each side for about 4 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and serve.