Utkatasana ~ semi-standing pose on tiptoe
Stand; keep the hands stretched parallel in front or at the sides with palms down, then squat. While squatting, slowly rise on tiptoe as you inhale. When breathe intake is complete squat again exhaling with thighs pressing against the respective calves. Taking in breath rise up on toes to standing position. Then slowly lower the heels to the floor. Rest for 4 secs, and then repeat.
Time: 2 minutes for 10 rounds
Value: Flexes the muscles of the legs and the pelvis.
What are the benefits of practicing Utkatasana?
1. This asana strengthens the ankles, thighs, calves, and spine and shapes the lower muscles.
2. It helps to reduce excessive body fat specially it Cuts fat pocket under butt.
3. It also relieves menstrual cramping.
4. It is useful in conditions like joint pain and arthritis.
5. It also improves immune system. It works on liver, intestines and pancreas also.
Do not practice this asana if you are suffering from headache, insomnia and low blood pressure.