Balushahi Recipe: English – Urdu |
- Flour – ½ kg
- Melted ghee – ½ cup
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Soda – 1 tsp
- Ghee – for frying
- In a bowl put melted ghee and yogurt, mix well, then add soda and mix well.
- Now add flour and make smooth dough with water.
- Mix well for 10 minutes and leave for at least 15 minutes.
- Then make small size balls, and in middle make hole like donuts.
- Now heat up ghee and fry on low heat until golden brown.
- Then remove from ghee and put in sugar syrup.
- Leave in syrup for 10 minutes and take out from syrup.
- Serve after an hour with pistachio and silver work garnishing.
- Sugar – 2 ½ cup
- Water – 1 ½ cup
- Take a pan and cook sugar and water, until sugar dissolves.
- Remember syrup should be warm when you put fried balo shahi in it, not too hot.
- Make sure that the syrup’s consistency is only 1 string when it cools down.