How to Make Russian Salad
Russian salad, also known as Olivier Salad, is a traditional part of Russian cuisine, but is also popular in many other European and South American countries, and this special combination of ingredients brings a delicious taste to your food palate.
- Potatoes boiled and cubed – 3
- Carrots boiled and chopped – 3
- Green peas shelled and boiled – 1 cup
- Cabbage chopped fine – 1 medium
- Apple sprinkle with a little sugar – 3
- Pineapple bits – 1 small can
- Fresh cream – 1 cup
- Plain Mayonnaise (bought or made yourself)- as required
- Sugar – ½ tbsp
- Black pepper and salt as taste
- Raisins soak in hot water and roast – ½ cup
- Mix all vegetables and fruits in a large bowl.
- Beat the cream with mayonnaise together with salt, sugar and black pepper and add in salad
- Sprinkle the raisins before serving.
- Pile on top of the lettuce and garnish with wedges of hard boiled egg.
- Serve chill.