Carrot Halwa Recipe
Carrot Halwa Recipe shared by Marium. Carrot halwa or Gajar ka halwa also known as gajrela, is a sweet associated mainly with the and Pakistan.It is made by placing grated carrot in a pot containing a specific amount of water, milk and sugar and then cooking while stirring regularly. It is often served with a garnish of almonds and pistachios. The nuts and other items used are first sautéed in ghee, a South Asian clarified butter. You will find all kind of variations about carrot halwa recipes on this Pakladies web site in Urdu and English.
- Carrots/gajar – 1 kg
- Ghee/clarified butter/any refined oil – 1 tbsp
- Whole milk – 1 litre
- Chopped dry fruits (almonds cashews pistachios ) – 1/2 cup
- Raisins – 25 to 30
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Green cardamom – 8
- Wash carrots nicely, remove its skin with the help of peeler , and grate it with thick grater.
- Heat up ghee in a big pan and put grated carrot in it and sauté it on high flame for 5 minutes.
- Add milk in the carrot and cook it on high flame stirring it occasionally, this will take around ½ an hour for the mixture to become thick.
- Make the cardamom seed powder in mortar and pestle .
- Now taste the Halwa according to its taste add sugar and cook it on low flame stirring it frequently.
- When it becomes little dry and ghee separates from mixture remove it from flame and add cardamom powder in it .
- Add all the roasted dry fruits and raisins in carrot halwa and mix it nicely.
- Serve hot or cold.