Coffee Ice Cream Recipe | Pak Ladies
Coffee Ice Cream Recipe
Coffee Ice Cream
Coffee ice Cream Recipe
- 6 fl oz (170 ml) boiling water
- 4 tablespoons finely ground fresh coffee
- 6 eggs yolks
- 8 oz (225 g) soft light brown sugar
- 1 pint (560 ml) milk
- Use the water and coffee to make fresh filter coffee, or pour the water on to the coffee, infuse for a few minutes, then strain.
- Combine the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl. Whisk until the mixture is very pale and falls back leaving a trail when the beaters are lifted. Whisk in the coffee and milk.
- Cook the custard carefully in a heavy saucepan over a low heat, or cook it in the top of a double boiler, stirring constantly until it is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Take the custard off the heat and set it aside to cool, stirring it from time to time to prevent a skin forming.
- Freeze in a freezer, vigorously whisking the partially frozen ice at least once during the freezing process.