Date and Walnut Pudding Recipe in English and Urdu, Healthy and tasty dessert.
Date and Walnut Pudding Recipe
Ingredients for cake:
- Dates – 250g (Remove seeds and skin from dates and add 5 tbsp of water, cook until soft or soak in water for 5 hours with a pinch of soda)
- Flour – 1 cup
- Baking soda – ¼ tsp
- Eggs – 2
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 100g
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Butter – 80g
- Walnuts – ½ cup
- Strain flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Take a bowl, beat butter and sugar until becomes creamy.
- Then add 1 egg and 1 tbsp flour mixture and beat.
- Then add 2nd egg and 1 tbsp of flour mixture and beat.
- Then add softened dates, vanilla essence, remaining flour mixture and walnuts, and beat well.
- Bake in 6 inch greased pan on 180 degree, gas mark 4 preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Then serve with custard.
Ingredients for Custard:
- Milk – 2 cups
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Vanilla custard powder – 2 tbsp (dissolve in ¼ cup milk)
- Boil milk and sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Then add custard mix milk and cook until becomes thick.
- Take it off of the flame and serve with cake.