Vermicelli” is used to indicate different sorts of long pasta shapes from different part of the world but mostly from South or East Asia. The dish in the original language are variously known as seviyan in Urdu and Hindi. The noodles are used in a number of desserts including a variation of kheer, a sweet dessert similar to rice pudding. You had tried zarda recipe with rice but now try with vermicelli, it will give you unique taste.
Vermicelli: Seviyan ka Zarda
- Milk – 1 liter
- Seviayn (vermicelli) – 1 packet
- Condensed milk – 1 cup
- Almonds – 5 tbsp
- Pistachio – 5 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Saffron – ½ tsp
- Yellow food color – 1 pinch
- Khoya (mava) – 250gm
- Ghee – 1 cup
- Raisins – 5 tbsp
- Silver paper – 3
- Take a pan, add milk, sugar and condensed milk, and bring to boil and add saffron or yellow food color, cook until sugar dissolves.
- Take another pan, heat up ghee and fry seviyan for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then add boiled milk, cook until milk starts to dry, add khoya, half dry fruits and put on um for 5 minutes.
- Dish out, garnish with silver paper, remaining dry fruit and serve.