How to Make Zarda Rice
- Sela Rice – 3 cup (soaked for 6 to 7 hours)
- Sugar – 2 ½ cup
- Pistachio – 10 (peel and thinly crush)
- Almond – 10 (peel and thinly crush)
- Milk – 1 cup
- Cloves – 4
- Butter or ghee – 1 cup
- Green cardamoms – 6 to 8
- Orange food colour – ½ tsp
- Ashrafies (candy fruit) – few
- Boil water to cook rice and add 2 cloves and 3 green cardamoms in the water.
- Put rice in the boil water and let it cook for 5-8 mins.
- When the rice is boiled, drain all the extra water.
- Now take a big bowl or dish and put boiled rice, milk, food colour, sugar, dry fruits and ashrafies as well and mix it well.
- In a pan, put ghee and fry cloves and cardamom, when they turn brown and an aroma starts to come, add rice and mix it well and then put on dum for 5 min on high heat.
- Then put it on slow heat and then serve.