Many times you tried black chickpeas or kalay chanay as a chaat or curry but try this spicy and tasty Kalay Chanay ka Salan Recipe with complete and easy method on pakladies website.
Kalay Chanay ka Salan Recipe
- Black channas soaked overnight – 1/2 kg
- Potatoes (peeled cubed & boiled) – 3
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Curry leaves – 20 to 25
- Onion – 1 blended
- Tomato – 1 blended
- Crushed red chili – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Fried and crushed cumin – 1 1/2 tsp
- Tamarind pulp – 1/4 cup
- Fried gram flour – 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves chopped – 2 tbsp
- Soak black chana overnight with 1 tsp baking soda and boil.
- Then take a wok, heat up oil; add 20 to 25 curry leaves, fry for 2 seconds.
- Then add blended onion and fry until it turn light pink.
- Then take a bowl, add crushed red chili, salt, red chili powder, turmeric, cumin seeds and blended tomatoes and add in onion, fry well.
- Then add gram flour and tamarind mixture with 1/2 cup of water and fry for 1 minute.
- Then add cubed potato and boiled chana along with 1/2 cup of water and cook for 10 mins.
- Then add chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with chappaties or boiled rice.