Kiwi and Papaya Face Mask
Kiwi and Papaya Face Mask. This is a gel mask that harnesses the natural fruit acids in kiwifruit, lime, and papaya to exfoliate gently, leaving the skin smooth and rejuvenated.
- Kiwi fruit, peeled – 1
- Juice of 1 lime
- Papaya – ½
- Gelatine powder – 2 packets
- Mash the kiwifruit through a sieve into a small bowl.
- Add the lime juice to the kiwi.
- Remove seeds from the papaya, and mash the flesh on a chopping board, using a fork.
- Press the papaya through a sieve into the top of a double boiler and mix with the gelatine, using a fork.
- Put the pan with the papaya mixture over the bottom of a double boiler filled halfway with boiling water and stir constantly.
- As soon as mixture forms a wallpaper-paste consistency, remove from heat immediately and continue to stir.
- Add the kiwifruit/lime juice mixture slowly, bit by bit, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.
- When mixture is cool, apply the gel to your face, avoiding the eye area, and leave on for 10 minutes, up to 1 hour.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Most effective when used as soon as possible but will keep when refrigerated for up to 48 hours.