Kulfi recipe using condensed milk shared by Marium Hamid, Arksansas (USA)
Kulfi Recipe using Condensed Milk
- 1 litre full cream milk
- 1 can (400 gm) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted almonds/pistachios cut into slivers (optional)
- Put all the ingredients into a deep, heavy-bottomed (preferably non stick) pan and blend with a plastic whisk (to avoid scratching the pan).
- Cook on a medium flame till the milk mixture is thickened and reduced to 75 per cent of its original volume.
- Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Turn off the fire and add the cardamom powder and almond slivers. Mix well.
- Cool the milk mixture completely and pour into a freezer-safe dish – any shape is fine.
- You can even use ice-lolly containers to make handy individual serves. Kids love them!
- Freeze and when firm, unmoulds or scoops out desired portions and serve.