To make the perfect fresh cream cake, you need a sponge cake. It must be light and soft; the lighter it is, the more delicious your cake is. There are two types of sponge cake: vanilla sponge cake and chocolate sponge cake. Today, we will be teaching you how to make light and fluffy chocolate sponge cake recipe, which can easily be used to make black forest cake, chocolate mousse cake, etc.
Light and Fluffy Chocolate Sponge Cake Recipe
- Flour – 260 gm
Eggs – 10
Sugar – 300 gm
Melted butter – 50 gm
Coco powder – 40 gm
Salt – 1 pinch
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Add eggs and sugar in a mixer and beat until it doubles in volume.
- In a separate bowl, sift plain flour, coco powder and salt.
- When eggs and sugar are almost done, add melted butter and vanilla essence.
- Now add dry mixture to this and mix with light hands.
- Pour in 2 8′ inch cake pans and bake in preheated oven on 180ºC for 20-25 minutes.
- When it’s done, let it cool down completely and use in whatever cake you want.