Yummy spicy daal paratha, I had leftover cooked split moong daal and I thought to create healthy spicy paratha for the weekend. I used very little oil for PC diet if you want to reduce fat intake from your diet or you can fry with desi ghee to make crispy paratha. Daal and besan are considered as proteins in portion control diet.
This is a good idea for sehri preparation and you can do variations with different kinds of cooked daal or vegetables to make tasty food.
Spicy Daal Paratha
- Corn meal – 1/2 cup
- Plain flour – 1/2 cup
- Gram flour – 1/4 cup
- Chappati atta – 1 1/2 cup
- Cooked split moon daal – 3 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Oil or ghee – for frying
- Take a bowl, add all above ingredients except oil and make soft dough with warm water.
- Leave for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Make balls according to your diet and choice (like 70 gm dough ball for Portion Control Diet). Roll it and apply oil as shown in the video.
- Roll and cook on hot skillet from both sides with oil or ghee.
- Serve with egg bhurji, chutney or yogurt.
- We enjoyed with tea and chutney.