Strawberry Ice Cream
• 12 oz (340 g) ripe strawberries, hulled
• juice of 1 orange
• juice of 1 lemon
• 6 oz (170 g) caster sugar
• 3/4 pint (420 ml) whipping cream
- Rub the berries through a sieve, or process them briefly in a blender or food processor and strain the purée.
- Combine purée with the orange and lemon juice and sugar. Set the mixture aside for about hours, stirring it from time to time until the sugar has dissolved completely. (This step intensifies the flavour of the fruit.)
- Whip the cream until it holds soft peaks, combine it with the sweetened purée and whisk them lightly together.
- Freeze in a freezer, vigorously whisking the partially frozen ice at least once during the freezing process.