- Black Lentils – 150gm
- Split Bengal Gram – 15gm
- Ginger Paste – 1 tbsp
- Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida – ¼ tsp
- Tomato Puree – ½ cup
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
- White Butter – 125gm
- Cream – ¾ cup
- Salt – to taste
- Pick and soak the lentils overnight.
- Drain the lentils and boil them in 2 litres of water till 2/3 water gets evaporated.
- In a separate container crackle asafoetida, sauté ginger garlic paste and add tomato puree, red chilli powder, salt, most of butter- keeping aside some for garnish.
- Then add cream, now add boiled lentils to this and cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Garnish with cream, butter and serve.
you can replace cream with milk and yogurt, if some one doesn’t like to add cream. Also you can reduce butter quantity, 125gm to 2 tbsp, 1 tbsp in start and 1 tbsp at the end.