You’ve tried many types of biryani recipes but I think fish biryani recipe is everyone’s favorite biryani. As we all know, fish is very good for our health. Doctors recommend we should eat fish at least once in a week. Try this fish biryani recipe by Shireen Anwer and enjoy.
Fish Biryani Recipe by Shireen Anwer
- Fish – 750 gm
- Boiled rice – 750 gm
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Fresh fenugreek leaves – 1 cup
- Tomatoes – 3 sliced
- Brown fried onion – ½ cup
- Potato – 2
- Salt – 1 ½ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Fried crushed cumin seeds – 1 ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Yogurt – 1 cup or 250 gm
- Green chilies – 4 chopped
- Fresh coriander – ½ bunch
- Kewra water – 1 tbsp
- Yellow food color – 1/4 tsp
- Brown fried onion – ½ cup for layering
- Apply salt and lemon juice on fish slices and leave for 15 minutes.
- Then wash and pat dry.
- Take a pan, heat up oil and add fenugreek leaves, fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add tomato and fried onion, mix and fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add potato, salt, ginger garlic paste, red chili, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, coriander powder and garam masala, fry and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Then add yogurt and fry well until yogurt water dries.
- Then add 1/2 cup of water, place fish slices in single layer, cook for 2 minutes then cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remember: don’t use spoon to move fish pieces because they can break. Just shake the pan to prevent burning the masala.
- Then take out the fish pieces from the pan and in remaining gravy add green chilies, fresh coriander, boiled rice, then food color mix in kewra water.
- Then spread brown fried onion, finally on top, place fried fish on one side. Cover and cook on dum for 12 to 15 minutes.