How to Make Creamy Irish Coffee
• 1/2 (6-ounce) can evaporated milk, divided
• 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
• 1 tablespoons water
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 tablespoons sifted powdered sugar
• 3 cups hot strong brewed coffee
• 1 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoons sugar
- Pour ¼ cup milk into a small saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Place cornstarch in a small bowl; gradually add water, stirring with a wire whisk until blended.
- Add to simmering milk; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Combine cornstarch mixture, remaining ½ cup milk, and vanilla in a large bowl; freeze mixture 1 hour or until a 1/8-inch-thick layer of ice forms on the surface.
- Beat mixture at high speed of an electric mixer 5 minutes; gradually add sifted powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form.
- Cover and chill.
- Combine coffee, and sugar; stir well.
- Pour into mugs; spoon topping onto coffee.
- Serve immediately.
- Cover and store remaining topping in refrigerator.
How to Make Coffee