In northern areas sheep or mutton is cooked with sheep fat, which gives you rich taste in dishes, such as seekh kababs and karahi recipes. Try this simple, delicious and easy namak mandi karahi at home especially on eid ul adha.
Namak Mandi Karahi
- Mutton or sheep meat – 1 kg
- Oil – ¼ cup
- Green chillies – 6 to 7
- Salt – to taste
- Sheep fat – 300g
- Tomato – 2
- Take a wok, put sheep fat and heat it up until it starts melt, then add mutton and oil, fry until mutton colour turns white.
- Then add a little bit of water, cover and let it cook on low heat until mutton done and water dries.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and salt, mix well and cover.
- Cook until tomatoes are done.
- Fry well, add green chillies and cook on dum for 5 minutes.
- Serve tandoori roti or naan.