Valentine Strawberry Sponge Cake
Lovers have a day on our calendar to prove or reaffirm their love through gifts, dedications and poems on 14 February. Valentine became the patron of all lovers and all those who want a partner.
The traders have echoed this holiday and it has become a perfect day to increase sales. Flowers, cards, poems love, dedications, chocolates and gifts of all kinds are give on this day to the loved one to show their love and friendship. Try this valentine strawberry sponge cake on this day.
Ingredients for Sponge Cake:
- Eggs – 6
- Caster sugar – 100 g
- Flour – 100 g
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Filling & frosting:
- Whipping cream – 500 ml
- Strawberries – 400 g
- Jam – 150 g
- Cream – 200 ml
- Grease and line a 9” heart shape pan, set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC and gas mark 4.
- With an electric mixer, whisk eggs and sugar on HIGH speed for about 5 to 7 mins, until the batter doubles in volume.
- Turn to low speed and whisk for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then add vanilla essence.
- Whisking at low speed helps to stabilize the air bubbles in the batter.
- Add sifted flour into the batter.
- With a spatula, gently fold in the flour until it’s well blended.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool down completely.
Assemble the cake:
- With an electric mixer, whip the whipping cream until stiff.
- Mix some chopped strawberries in whipped cream and some mix in jam.
- Slice the cake into 3 layers.
- Place one of the cake layers cut-side down on a cake plate.
- Apply some sugar syrup, then spread the whipped cream and strawberry mix over the layer.
- Then place 2nd layer, apply cream and strawberry mix, then place 3rd layer.
- Arrange mix of strawberries and jam, cover the whole layer.
- Fill with some more whipped cream.
- Spread the whipped cream over the top and side of the cake.
- Decorate as desired.