Aloo Tikki Chaat Recipe
Ingredients for filling:
- Boiled chana daal – 1 cup
- Thinly chopped onion – 1
- Coriander powder – 1 ½ tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 ½ tbsp
- Garlic – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Green chilli – 4 to 5
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Thinly chopped fresh coriander – 4 tbsp
- In pan put oil along with onion, daal, red chilli powder, salt, coriander powder, garlic and fresh coriander, mix well and fry for 2 minutes.
- Coarsely ground in chopper.
- Mixture is ready to fill potatoes cutlets.
Ingredients for aloo tikki:
- Boiled and mashed potatoes – ½ kg
- Bread slices – 2(soaked in water)
- Salt – to taste
- Fried ground cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Mix salt, cumin seeds and bread slices (squeeze water with hands) in mashed potatoes.
- Fill potato with daal mixture and make cutlets.
- Now dip in lightly beaten egg, then in dry flour and fry from both sides.
- For serving need to make three kinds of sauces, date and tamarind sauce, yogurt and mint sauce and chilli garlic sauce.
Date and tamarind sauce:
- Tamarind pulp – 1 cup
- Dates – 4 to 6
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 3 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Strain tamarind pulp, add dates with 1 ½ cup of water and cook till dates soft.
- Then add salt, cumin seeds, red chilli powder and lemon juice mix and cook for 1 to 2 minutes and blend.
Yogurt and mint sauce:
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Mint – 1 bunch
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Green chillies – 4 to 6
Put all above ingredients in blender and blend.
Chilli garlic sauce:
- Whole red chillies – 5
- Red chilli powder – 2 tbsp
- Garlic paste – 2 tbsp (fried in little bit of oil)
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- First cook whole red chillies in some water until soft, then add sugar, red chilli powder and garlic.
- Cook another 5 minutes and blend.
For serving suggestion:
Serve this yummy aloo tikki with three sauces and chaat masala.