Oven Fried Zucchini Sticks
- Canola oil cooking spray –
- Whole-wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- All-purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Cornmeal – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Freshly ground black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Zucchini – 1 1/2 pounds (about 3 medium) cut into 1/2-by-3-inch sticks
- Lightly beaten egg whites – 2
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine flours, cornmeal, salt and pepper in a large sealable plastic bag.
- Dip zucchini in egg white, shake in the bag to coat, and arrange, not touching, on the baking sheet.
- Coat all exposed sides with cooking spray.
- Bake on the center rack for 7 minutes.
- Turn the zucchini and coat any floury spots with cooking spray.
- Continue to bake until golden and just tender, about 5 minutes more.
- Serve hot.