Gingersnap Cookies Recipe
Gingersnap cookies; yes today my daughter planed to make cookies and I decided to share this recipe with my viewers. Every time when I feel a craving for sweet, my daughter makes this for me along with evening tea. Because these are quick and easy gingersnap cookies recipe. When baking these ginger and honey cookies, the kitchen is flooded with a delicious smell that makes it difficult to resist waiting for them to cool before you can sink your teeth into them.
Honey combines very well with the most aromatic spices when preparing cookies and biscuits, and provides a beautiful golden color to the dough. We can achieve different nuances of flavor using different types of honey, although if we use a denser variety, it is advisable to pre-heat it in a saucepan to achieve a more liquid texture before adding it to the dough.
Ginger and honey cookies can be enjoyed at any time, with coffee, a cup of tea or a simple glass of milk. Stored in an airtight container, they last very well for several days without losing their texture.
- Plain flour – 225 gm
- Brown sugar – 100 g
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Ground ginger powder – 1 tsp
- Unsalted butter – 100 g
- Honey – 100 g
Method to make gingersnap cookies:
- Put flour, soda and ginger into the bowl and mix it.
- Then put butter, sugar and honey into the saucepan.
- Put the saucepan on low heat, until the butter melts, keep stirring it.
- After the butter has melted, take it off the heat and let it cool a little.
- Then stir it until only a brown liquid is left.
- Pour the flour mixture, into the saucepan while stirring.
- Keep stirring until the mixture becomes into dough.
- Take small amounts of dough with a spoon, and scrape it of with another spoon onto the baking tray.
- Wait for a few minutes, and then shape the pieces of dough into balls. Press gently.
- Put them in to the preheated oven at 180ºC for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy your Gingersnaps cookies with Tea!