Makhni Halwa: English - Urdu Recipe | Pak Ladies
Makhni Halwa: English – Urdu Recipe
- Semolina – 250g
- Milk – ½ litre
- Ghee – 250g
- Sugar – 250g
- Green cardamoms – 6
- Desiccated coconut – 1 cup
- Raisins – 50g
- Almond – 50g
- Pistachio – 50g
- Khoya (mava) – 250g
- Soak semolina and milk for half an hour, then heat ghee in a wok, and add green cardamoms.
- When you start to smell the green cardamoms, add the soaked semolina and milk, and fry until the colour changes to light brown.
- Then add sugar, and fry until the sugar’s water dries, then add coconut and half dried fruit. Fry for one or two minutes, then add khoya, and mix it well.
- After mixing, take it off of the stove, and then garnish it with the remaining dried fruit and silver paper. Now serve.