Red Velvet Cheesecake
I am not getting ready for Valentine’s Day, but tomorrow is my mother’s day! So it seems fitting that I share my favorite Red Velvet Cheesecake selection with you on this day. 🙂
Bake red velvet cake, cut in two layers, then stack the 2 layers on top of one another, alternating red velvet cake and cheesecake, and then frost the whole thing with cream cheese icing. Absolutely divine!
Mother’s Day Special Red Velvet Cheesecake
Ingredients for the Red Velvet Cake:
- Self raising flour – 115 gm or 1 cup + 1 tbsp
- Plain flour – 40 gm or 3 tbsp
- Sugar – 155gm or 12 tbsp
- Butter – 180gm
- Eggs – 2
- Coco powder – 2 tbsp
- Baking soda – ¼ tsp
- Red food color – 1 tsp
- Butter milk:
- Milk – ½ cup + 1 tsp white vinegar mix well
- Strain coco powder, self raising flour, plain flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- Now beat sugar and butter to make cream, then add eggs one by one along with 1 tbsp of dry mixture.
- Add buttermilk, red food colour and remaining dry mixture.
- Beat with beater on low speed, or with spoon.
- Pour this mixture in 9” spring form cake pan and bake on 180º gas mark 4, for 30 minutes.
- When it cools down, cut the cake in two layers and decorate it with filling and frosting.
Ingredients for Cheese cake filling:
- Cream cheese – 200g
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Whipped cream – 2 packets
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Gelatine powder – 2 tbsp (dissolved in ¼ cup water
- Mix lemon juice and sugar in cream cheese and beat. Then add whipped cream and gelatine powder.
- Beat for 2 seconds, then pour this mixture on one layer of the cake and leave it in the fridge until it sets.
- When it´s set, place the second layer of the cake on top and decorate with frosting and serve.
Ingredients for Frosting:
- Cream cheese – 200 g
- Icing sugar – ½ cup
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Crushed white chocolate – as required
- Beat the cream cheese, and add butter and icing sugar. Beat well.
- Decorate the cake with this frosting and use the white chocolate to decorate the top of the cake.