Original Afghani Pulao Recipe
- Chicken – 1 kg
- Whole garam masala – (big cardamom 1, cloves 4, black peppers 4, cinnamon stick 1” piece, green cardamoms 4)
- Fried brown onion – 1 coarsely ground
- Oil – ½ cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Take pan, put oil and fry onion until golden brown, take it from the oil and ground.
- Now in same oil put whole masala, fried ground onion, chicken and salt, fry until chicken colour turns white.
- Cover and cook until chicken is done and water dries.
- If you are going to use sela rice (because original Afghani pulao cooks in it).
- Then soak rice for 5 hours, then boil with 1 piece of cinnamon stick, 6 black peppers, 3 cloves and 2 tbsp salt.
For carrots and dry fruits:
- Cashew nuts, almonds, raisins, pistachio and chopped coconut – as required
- Carrots – 2 grated
- Deep fry dry fruits until light brown, then remove from the oil and put aside for garnishing.
- Take a pan, put 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp sugar, cook when sugar dissolves, add grated carrots and cook.
- In a pan, put 2 tbsp sugar and cook, when sugar dissolves, add ½ cup water and cook for 2 to 3 minutes and take off of the flame.
- Now on chicken spread boil rice, then carrots, then pour syrup all over, cover and cook on steam for 10 to 15 minutes.
- When you serve, garnish with fried dry fruits.