Panna cotta is an Italian dessert of sweetened cream thickened with gelatin and moulded. The cream may be aromatized with coffee, vanilla, or other flavourings. Panna Cotta is a simple recipe as brilliant. And garnishing it with your favourite fruit add flavor and colour to a traditional recipe. We can prepare it in advance for our guests, and present it in a nice and great way.
- Fresh cream – 500 ml
- Sugar – 100 gm
- Vanillin sachet – 1 bag
- Gelatin in sheets – 10 gm
- For the garnish – fresh fruit cut into pieces chopped with a little sugar
- Soak gelatin sheets in a bowl of cold water.
- In a saucepan add fresh cream, sugar, vanillin bag, mix and heat for only 4 minutes, the mixture should not boil.
- Remove the pot from the fire, shake the gelatin sheets that will be incorporated into the cooked cream, mix well until it is dissolved completely.
- Now is the time to give an artistic touch to our presentation! Let’s prepare the glasses or glass jars, let’s say 8.
- Take an apple and cut it in half. From every half we have to get 4 clusters.
- These will be our coasters! In a tray with the edges, support the apple of the apple and above place the glass or jar, which will remain inclined and leaning towards the edge.
- Ready to distribute the cream in the glasses or jars, with delicacy pour the whipped cream up to half of our slanted glass. Then put in the refrigerator for about 4 hours, the time to cool and solidify the cream.
- When the cream is ready, prepare the fruit you like: sliced, strawberries, kiwis, peaches in separate bowls.
- In each bowl, sprinkle with a little sugar, sprinkle some lemon juice to keep the fruit of its natural colour.
- Remove tray from the fridge and place the glasses on the table, now you have solid but diagonal pancake inside the glass and already so the effect is amazing!
- In each glass pour the fruit until it reaches the level of the cream.
- Now you have the glasses filled, in two sloping sections of fruit and cream. Colour contrast is gorgeous and inviting, a show!
- With this type of dessert you can prepare the base for the cream in advance, even the day before, and then the fresh fruit just before the arrival of friends and relatives.
- Everyone can choose the glass with his favourite fruit, while for the most delicious or indecisive, of course you can prepare a mixed salad with all tastes!