Punjabi Samosa Recipe
Where ever you go, you will be able to get samosas in india. they are also a popular street food in
india, the combo of samosa with masala chai is irresistible. Punjabi Samosa is a popular Indian
Snack. Today Marium Hamid Shared Punjabi Samosa Recipe with us, hope everybody likes this recipe.
Ingredients for the Dough:
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Carom seeds/ajwain – ¼ tsp
- Water – as required to knead dough
Method for Dough:
- Add oil, ghee, ajwain and salt to the flour and mix to make a crumbled mixture.
- Then add more water little by little, kneading into soft dough (not too soft).
- Cover with moist cloth, keep aside for 30 minutes.
Ingredients for the Filling:
- Large Potatoes (boiled, peeled, mashed along with small pieces) – 2
- Cumin – ½ tsp
- Ginger crushed – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Red Chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander seeds – ½ tsp roast in dry pan and crush it
- Lemon juice – ¼ tsp
- Dry mango/amchur powder – ¼ tsp
- Green peas – ½ cup (optional)
- Coriander leaves – a few, chopped
- Oil for sauteing the mixture – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 8 tbsp (or more for frying)
- Salt – to taste
Method for the filling:
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds followed by ginger.
- Add the mashed potato, green peas and add all the masala powders.
- Give a nice toss until well blended.
- Now add the lemon juice, add the coriander leaves.
- Let the mixture cool.
Shaping and filling:
- Make a thin 5-inch diameter round with some dough. Like we make chapatti.
- Cut into two halves.
- Take one semi-circle one, join the two corners of the straight line to form a cone.
- Place a tbsp of filling in the cone and apply little water in the edges and seal it nicely.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in deep pan or deep fryer.
- Add 3 to 4 at a time. Do not fry on high, or the samosa will turn out oily and soggy.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve hot with green and tamarind chutneys or tomato ketchup.