Tamarind Sauce Chutney | Pak Ladies
Tamarind sauce Chutney
Makes: 2 1/2 to 3 cups
- 1 cup cleaned tamarind
- 1/2 cup dates de-seeded
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. red chili powder
- 1/2 crushed cumin seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup jaggery
- Wash the tamarind clean.
- Place the tamarind, jaggery, sugar, dates and water in a deep boiling pan.
- Soak for a few minutes. Put to boil for about 7-8 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature. Blend in a mix till smooth.
- Strain and transfer to the pan again. Boil till thick enough to coat the back of a spoon thinly.
- Add the seasoning. Cool again. Store in clean airtight bottles and refrigerate.