Thai Beef Salad
Thai beef salad, yam nua, a very spicy salad with cold, fried meat, onion, garlic, chilli pepper, tomato and spring onion. Depth of field. One of my favourite thai recipes.
This salad looks great as a main course of a light dinner during the week, when you want to skip carbohydrates. Or one day you invite friends and want to do something Asian, you can include this in the menu. It is very colorful, so it will give joy to your food.
Thai Beef Salad
- Beef rump steak – 500 gm
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – to taste
- Carrot – 1 cut in ribbons
- Radishes – 4 cut in thin slices
- Shallot – 1
- Wine tomatoes – 7 to 8 quartered
- Cucumber – 1 thinly sliced diagonally
- Baby gem lettuce – 1 cup roughly shred
- Spring onion – 1 chopped
- Mint leaves – 1/4 bunch roughly chopped
- Toasted peanuts, 1/3 cup coarsely chopped
- Sesame seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Apply black pepper and salt on steak generously, let it set for half an hour.
- Then heat up oil in the pan over high heat, when it is hot put the meat to seal on all sides, turn as it browns. Once sealed, lower the heat to medium and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes each side.
- Remove the meat, wait for it to cool slightly and cut into slices of the width that you like the most, set a side.
- In a bowl, add all vegetables and half spicy dressing, mix it well.
- Now place salad in a serving plate on top with beef slices.
- Garnish with roasted peanuts, remaining dressing and sesame seeds.
Ingredients for spicy dressing:
- Long fresh red chilli – 1 (halved, deseeded, thinly sliced lengthwise)
- Garlic cloves – 2 , crushed
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Palm sugar – 2 tsp
- Fish sauce – 1 tbsp
- Fresh lime juice – 1 tbsp
Method for spicy Dressing:
- Grind long fresh red chilli, garlic clove, salt and palm sugar, fish sauce and fresh lime juice, mix and set a side.