Banana split is an ice cream-based dessert. It is served in a long dish called a boat. There are many variations, but the classic banana split is made with scoops of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream served in a row between the split banana. In no particular order, pineapple, strawberry and chocolate sauces are spooned over the strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla ice cream. It is garnished with crushed nuts, whipped cream, and glace cherries.
Ice cream Sundae
Banana Split Recipe
- Banana – 1
- Strawberry ice cream – 1 scoop
- Chocolate ice cream – 1 scoop
- Vanilla ice cream – 1 scoop
- Whipped cream – as required
- Chocolate sauce – as required
- Strawberry sauce – as required
- Pineapple sauce – as required
- Chopped nuts – 1 tbsp
- Glace cherries – 3
- Peel and split the banana, carefully slice down the length of the banana.
- Arrange the 2 pieces side by side with a gap in-between on the serving plate.
- Then place a scoop of vanilla ice cream in the centre, over the two banana pieces.
- Then put a scoop of chocolate ice cream one side of the vanilla, and then strawberry ice cream.
- Squeeze a little pineapple sauce over the top of the vanilla ice cream,… chocolate sauce over the chocolate ice cream… and lastly strawberry sauce over the strawberry ice cream.
- Then pour whipped cream on top.
- Sprinkle on some chopped nuts.
- As a finishing touch place a glace cherry on the very top of each of the 3 scoops.